GRADUATE INVESTIGATOR – MAY 14, 2018
IFIC Forensics was founded in 1992. Working for solicitors, insurers, loss adjusters and other clients, we investigate the origin and cause of fires and explosions and other accidents and failures on land and at sea and give expert testimony in courts throughout the world.
We are offering an exciting Graduate Investigator opportunity, based in our Dublin office. You will be given training and support to progress to the role of Investigator and, as Graduate Investigator, tasks will include items such as:
– Undertaking basic investigative functions to support colleagues carrying out investigations
– Attending incidents as required to support lead investigators
– Collating documentation and witness evidence for compilation in technical reports
– Logging and documenting physical evidence
– Developing your knowledge and skills in the field of fire and explosion investigation by participating in training (internal and external), undertaking research, and keeping abreast of scientific papers and developments
– Performing case and non-case related administrative tasks
Ideally, candidates will hold an Honours Degree (minimum 2:1 preferred) and/or Masters qualification in a relevant discipline such as Fire Investigation, Fire Engineering or Forensic Science. We would also welcome applications from other engineering backgrounds, e.g., Buildings Services.
The role requires strong analytical skills and the ability to apply scientific and systematic approaches to the forensic examination of incident scenes. You should possess excellent communication skills and be able to present accurate information in a clear and unambiguous manner. Attention to detail, a flexible approach, and an ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients are key. Given the nature of the role, a driving licence is required and you must be willing to travel, including at short notice.
Salary for this position will be €27,000 per annum. To apply, please click on the link to register on IFIC’s Recruitment Portal. You will then be able to complete an Application Form. Closing date for applications is Friday 8th June 2018.
IFIC Forensics is committed to equality and diversity and promoting a supportive and inclusive culture.